If you’d like to learn more about our LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats, download the Owner’s Guide for lots of detailed information.
What Does Your Purchase Include?
- LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat
- Controller for the Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat
- Bag for carrying the Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat
- Owner’s Guide for the Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat (the most updated version is online: https://lifematspro.com/owners-guide/)
What is the LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat?
The LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat’s state of the art technology synergizes three key components, offering a unique therapeutic application that supports both the body and mind on a path to improved well-being.
- Negative-Ion generation: Negative ions open ion channels that optimize cellular communication and support improved body function. Ionization of the body alkalizes and purifies the blood, charges the immune system, and supplies antioxidants that neutralize free radicals.
- Far InfraRed (FIR) light generation: FIR is nature’s most healing heat. FIR helps the nervous system relax. FIR’s radiant heat can penetrate 5 to 7 inches into the body, allowing for deep muscle and tissue therapy while soothing nerves, increasing circulation, assisting in detoxification as well as reducing stress and some types of pain.
- Chakra Crystals: These stones deliver the steadiest, most absorbable, long wave Far InfraRed (FIR) rays for healing. The crystals are known to increase stamina and endurance, support deep meditation, is useful for emotional balancing, and enhancing intuition. They are thought to be supportive of the body’s ability to release addiction and transform lower vibrations into higher resonance. These are the crystals found in the mat:
- Amethyst (Crown Chakra)
- Sodalite (Third Eye Chakra)
- Blue Lace Agate (Throat Chakra)
- Green Aventurine (Heart Chakra)
- Yellow Aventurine (Solar Plexus Chakra)
- Carnelian (Sacral Chakra)
- Red Jasper (Root Chakra)
We have captured nature’s healing benefits in our LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats. Its specialized 15-layer system delivers deep-penetrating Far InfraRed (FIR) heat therapy as well as a stress-reducing relaxation through negative ion generation. The natural and therapeutic power of the chakra crystals enhances the body-positive frequencies that our mats radiate for a truly “feel good” experience. LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats emit Far InfraRed (FIR) rays which are known to penetrate the body about 5-7 inches deep. FIR rays are a well-known technology that’s been used to invoke health benefits for many years now (though most people have probably heard of FIR ray saunas for detox and health more often than FIR ray heating pads).
The multi-stone layer in the mat is designed to refract the FIR rays and magnify this healing, deep-heat penetration. Not only does the Specially formulated stone combination layer enhance the FIR deep-penetrating heat, but it also helps produce the negative ions which are known for relieving stress and encouraging relaxation. Negative ions are found in high concentrations out in nature, so the fact that this LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat device creates them, means you can bring a bit of nature into your life at home. Many speak of this LifeMats PRO heating experience as bringing an increased sense of well-being (at least while they are using the mat anyway ;-).
LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats can improve blood circulation and enhance the body’s metabolism through its deep-penetrating heat mechanism. It is believed to support the body’s immune system and detox functions (among others), as well as help fight stress (and in some cases manage some types of chronic pain). Some have even experienced a “healing crisis” where they believe the hyperthermia episode promotes the body’s ability to better fight off the viruses, parasites and other maladies that may be invading it. Some think of it similarly to the way a fever might discourage the “bad bugs” from being able to multiply and cause chaos within the body
The LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats comes with a fully adjustable heat range allowing the user to determine their preferred intensity. Its heating range is between 86°F and 158°F (approximately) ~30°C – 70°C. The mat has a built-in overheat protection layer as well as a uniform heating layer to keep its users safe and to provide a consistent warming experience. The LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats have a high-quality, EMF blocking (ElectroMagnetic Field) system to keep users from negative EMF exposure. This includes both a high-end silicon heating wire as well as a special copper wave-proof layer. You can choose from two convenient mat sizes (Small = 19.6” x 31.4” and Large = 23.6” x 59”).
LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats are visually appealing. They include a high quality leather that is soft to the touch and yet quite durable. The relaxing experience feels very luxurious in comparison to a localized, “heatonly” pad.
LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats are an FDA registered Class II 510(k) exempt medical heating pad device (which does not mean the FDA has rigorously tested or approved them in any way. But it does mean that the manufacturer of the mats is very serious about the high quality devices they build and has been diligent in ensuring the FDA knows about their facility and the functionality of the mats they’re making).
At LifeMats PRO we have spent a great deal of time testing and trying the mats out ourselves. We became so impressed by how the functionality stacked up against the big competitors in the marketplace (that are currently asking 2 to 3 times the cost for this same mat’s functionality). We decided we wanted to sell them and let others in on the secret of a life-giving experience for an affordable cost. We think everyone should be able to purchase one of these mats, not just the wealthy. This is why we’ve launched our business online, so that we can help others feel as good as we do with these precious stone mats that function with such consistent high quality.
We hope you will experience as many positive results as we have now that you own one yourself.
LifeMats PRO Large Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat is a quality product we’ve built to last. It comes with a full one year warranty. We personally manage all customer service concerns via email. This is our way of cutting costs in order to keep our product pricing as low as possible (we do not outsource our customer service to a third party). We believe you will be very pleased with our company, but more importantly, with the stress relieving functionality of our mats.
LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat Controllers and Setup Detailed
1. To Setup LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats for Operation (see Figures 1 & 2 below for more help)
- Start by connecting the controller’s attachment to the receptacle on the Small or Large mat. NOTE: This step MUST be first or the mat’s controller may not work and simply remain OFF.
- Then plug the controller into a safe power supply socket. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you plug the mat into a surge protector to keep the controller from going bad due to an unexpected energy surge. If an electrical surge damages your mat’s controller, your mat will no longer function. And you will need to purchase a new controller ($40-$50) in order to get your mat to operate again. Electrical surge damage is NOT covered by the mat’s 1 year warranty, so PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MAT BY PLUGGING IT INTO A SURGE PROTECTOR.
- Turn on the power to the mat by pressing the POWER ON/OFF Toggle button. The POWER Indicator light should be lit if the mat is getting power (see Figure 1). If the mat is not getting power, re-check steps a. and b. above to ensure your connections are snug. Try another outlet if you are still having trouble getting the POWER Indicator light to display.
- Press the POWER ON/OFF Toggle button again to turn the mat off when desired.
2. Setting the Mat’s Temperature
- For the Large Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat, the temperature can be set using the round “Adjust Temperature Dial” (see Figure 2). In order to select your preferred temperature, dial the wheel right (clockwise) to increase the temperature and make the mat hotter. Once your desired temperature appears in the LED display, stop dialing. After a couple of seconds, the display will revert back to showing the mat’s current temperature while it begins to heat to your requested temperature.
Dial the wheel left (counterclockwise) to decrease the temperature or make the mat cooler (when your desired temperature appears in the LED display, stop dialing. After a couple seconds, the display will revert back to showing the mat’s current temperature while it begins to cool to your requested temperature.
- For the Small Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat, the temperature can be set using the button controls. To select your preferred temperature, press the Temperature Increase button until your desired temperature appears in the LED display. After a couple of seconds, the display will revert back to showing the mat’s current temperature while it begins to heat to your requested temperature.
Use the Temperature Decrease button to make the mat cooler. Once your desired temperature appears in the LED display, stop pressing the button. After a couple of seconds, the display will revert back to showing the mat’s current temperature while it begins to cool to your requested temperature.
- The Operation Indicator light will display, but then turn off when the selected temperature range is reached. Whenever the temperature of the mat is below the selected temperature, the mat’s heating process will kick-in and the Operation Indicator light will come back on again.
- The mat’s temperature can be set within the range of 30°C and 70°C (86°F to 158°F). The temperature will be displayed in degrees Celsius so feel free to use the internet to look up the equivalent Fahrenheit temperature value.
WARNING: It is NOT recommended to use the LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats on high temperature levels for more than 20 minutes unless you’ve slowly worked your way up to longer time ranges. Do not use prolonged sessions on high temperature levels without plenty of re-hydration and the approval of a licensed doctor.
3. Timer and Auto-OFF Functionality
- LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats are equipped with a timer function allowing you to set an automatic turn OFF time.
- You can choose to set the mat’s heating function to automatically shut off after 3, 6, or 8 hours. It may be beneficial for sleeping, relaxation or other therapeutic uses, but USE EXTREME CAUTION and be careful to use low level temperature settings when using the mat for prolonged periods of time.
- For the Small Chakra Mat, set the desired heating time by pressing the Increase Timer Control button several times. To choose a time, simply stop on the preferred time setting when it displays.
- For the Large Chakra Mat, set the desired heating time by pressing the “Time” Control button. This button toggles through 3 options (8, 6 & 3 hours). When you press it, the first selection is 8 hours and then when you press it again, it will select 6 hours, then if you press it a third time, it will move to select 3 hours.
- The Timer Indicator light will turn off and the heating system will stop when the selected time period is finished.
4. Negative Ion Generation
- The LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats all have a special 15-layer system built into them. There are a couple of unique layers specifically added so the mats will generate negative ions when they are turned on and functioning. The controller for the Large mat has a light which indicates the negative ions are being generated. The controller for the Small mat does not have a light indicating the negative ions are being generated, but you can be assured that the negative ions are still being created.
5. For Safety, UNPLUG the mat when it is not in use.
Getting Started with the LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat and Usage Tips
- CONSULT A DOCTOR – It is strongly recommended that you consult your doctor before using thermal therapy (especially long term, i.e. while sleeping) particularly on mid-range and high-level temperatures. If you are pregnant or have any kind of medical issue or disease, this step is paramount to ensure your safety with the mat. This mat should not to be used by infants or incapacitated persons. Do not use on heat sensitive skin (i.e. face) or where there is loss of feeling (i.e. Diabetic). Do not use heat-producing topicals with mat, skin burns may occur. If you have implants of any kind (metal, silicone, etc.), ask your doctor if Far InfraRed (FIR) heat is safe for you.*
- HYDRATION, HYDRATION, HYDRATION – Remember to drink plenty of good water along with the important minerals and electrolytes that the body needs when replenishing itself after perspiration. Do this before and after your sessions with the LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat (especially if you are using higher heat temperatures or are using the mat for a more prolonged period of time).
- USE IN A CALM SPACE – You will get the most out of your LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat if you set up a private, tranquil and stress-free environment where you will use it. Creating a healthy ambiance will enhance your overall experience and optimize your outcome with it. Some choose to have a blanket and relaxing music playing in the background while they spend time on their mat. The mat will best serve you if you are free of all disruptions and are able to create a calming environment. Consider:
- Turning off all of the signals on your phones and electronic devices*
- Using a “Do Not Disturb” sign*
- Wearing an eye pillow and noise-canceling headphones*
- Exercising positive thinking, visualization and/or meditation techniques.*
- PROTECTION COVER – You may want to make or purchase a “natural fibers” cover mat in order to protect the soft leather surface. Some will perspire; this can be part of a detox experience and is healthy if one is properly re-hydrating. But it also means that having a protective surface will keep the LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat from becoming wet or stained. For best results, avoid wearing synthetic clothing on the LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat. It’s best to wear cotton or natural fiber clothing during your sessions.*
- START LOW AND GO SLOW – It is best to begin using the LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat slowly and increasing the intensity of your sessions over time. This will give your body a bit of time to adjust to the mat’s effects. “Start low and Go slow” is a great motto for many health-related things, including ingesting new vitamins. But it applies just as well to using the mat. Start with a lower temperature at first and use a small amount of time to see how your body likes and responds to the mat. Then you can increase both the temperature of the mat as well as the amount of time you spend on it as you become more used to how it functions and how your body responds to it. Everyone is different, some people do great with low to mid-range temperatures and others prefer higher temperatures for the best therapeutic experience. Use this personal experimentation process and you should be able to discover the optimal settings your body prefers most over time. NOTE: If you overdo it, you may find yourself experiencing some detoxification. Some call it a “healing crisis”, where you might feel some negative effects of detox, but then feel a health improvement afterwards. Be sure to hydrate liberally and support your body accordingly if you suspect you are experiencing detox or a healing crisis.*
- GENERAL SETTINGS GUIDANCE – If you’re working with a doctor, follow their suggested instructions. Consider these suggestions as general guidelines that make sense for approximately 80% of the people who will use the mats. And keep in mind that you may just fall into the ~20% range of folks for whom settings outside the suggested ranges will work better. You may just have to experiment a bit to find out what will work best for you.*Use Low Temperatures: for relaxing, recharging, when sleeping, or for longer periods of time.*Use Medium Temperatures: for recovery and physical therapy.*Use High Temperatures: for deeper healing and short amounts of time (WARNING: DO NOT USE HIGH HEAT FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME WITHOUT PROPER HYDRATION – remember this is not only water, but the essential mineral and electrolyte replacement your body needs when you’ve perspired). Several 30-minute higher intensity sessions per week might be a nice routine for many. Be aware of THERMOTOLERANCE if you plan to use your LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat frequently at the highest heat levels for longer periods of time. Some believe extreme use of high heat could reduce the therapeutic effects, so just consider educating yourself on the topic if you’re considering more extreme usage.*If you have trouble falling asleep, consider doing a session with your mat 30 minutes before bedtime to help you relax and better encourage your body’s ability to sleep.*Temperature Control Options Negative Ions: Power on, set temperature below 36°C (96.8°F)Safe for extended use
- Refreshes, invigorates, and recharges the body*
- Alkalizes the body*
- Charges the immune system*
- Purifies and ionizes the air*
- Revitalizes the cells in the body*
Low Setting: 35°C – 40°C (95°F – 104°F)
Safe for extended use
- Regenerative sleep. Many people sleep on these settings*
- Increases immunity*
- Boosts energy*
- Useful for headaches, jet lag, indigestion*
Medium-Low Setting: 45°C – 50°C (113°F – 122°F)
- Blood pressure, relaxation, sugar regulation*
- Increases circulation, enhances flexibility, and sports performance*
- Releases stress, tension, and anxiety*
- Enhances sexual vitality*
Medium Setting: 55°C – 60°C (131°F – 140°F)
- Relieves some types of chronic pain*
- Facilitates deep meditation*
- Releases stress and anxiety*
- Speeds up injury recovery*
- Elevates mood*
Hot Setting: 65°C – 70°C (149°F – 158°F)
- Sauna level cleansing and detoxification*
- Good for when you are first getting sick*
- Strengthens cardiovascular system*
- Hyperthermia is possible (you may need a top and bottom mat)*
- DO NOT FOLD WHILE IN USE – the LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats are designed to lay flat or wrap around the body when in use, they should NOT be folded in half or they will over-heat, the warranty on the mat will be void and the life of the mat will be greatly diminished. They may be folded after they are cool, turned off, and prepared for storing.
- HYPERTHERMIA – Some believe that hyperthermia can have similar effects on the body as a fever [102.5°F – 104°F] would (boosting the immune system’s response and helping rid the body of unwanted viruses, microbes, parasites, etc. through the process of heating up the core body temperature, so the “bad bugs” cannot thrive or live in the new “hotter environment”). Some have experienced a kind of “detox effect” when using the LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat. BEWARE: sometimes death of the “bad bugs” can mean the body experiences negative symptoms while the “bad bugs” are being cleared from the body (i.e. headaches, aches, stomach pain, rashes, etc.). Everyone seems to respond differently to detoxification since it’s often because different types of microbes are affecting each of us differently. Do some research on “hyperthermia” if you want to learn more about heat therapy for detoxification, it tends to be a practice more well-known in Europe and other parts of the world or in the practice of alternative naturopathic doctors in the USA.*
- USING MULTIPLE LIFEMATS PRO CHAKRA YOGA INFRARED HEALING MATS – Using multiple LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mats together may be one way to create a more insular, whole-body heat therapy experience. If a doctor recommends a kind of hypothermia treatment like this, consider placing one mat on top of you and one mat underneath you during an intensive heat therapy session (for a hotter insular session, which would likely increase healthy thermal sweating, place a warm blanket over the top). If this approach is used, additional layers of natural fiber fabrics should be placed between the user’s body and the mats to protect the mats from perspiration. WARNING: DO NOT TRY THIS APPROACH UNLESS YOU ARE WORKING CLOSELY WITH A KNOWLEDGABLE DOCTOR WHO CAN PROPERLY SCHEDULE AND SUPERVISE THIS KIND OF TREATMENT AS WELL AS CLOSELY MONITOR YOUR BODY’S TEMPERATURE THROUGHOUT THE TREATMENT.*
- SLEEPING ON A LIFEMATS PRO CHAKRA YOGA INFRARED HEALING MAT – Consider using the lower temperatures for an all night “sleeping session” with your mat. If you’ve never done it before, start on the lowest temperature setting possible (30°C) and if you do fine with that setting and wish to increase, move slowly up each night thereafter by a degree or two only. If you get to a temperature that causes you to be uncomfortably warm, then you’ll know your preferred range is right below that.*The owner of our company sleeps on one of her mats each night, but 40°C is as high as she can go without sweating and waking from being too warm. NOTE: she tends to run cold, so she may be able to stand a higher temperature than many.*Because of how many chakra stones the mat is filled with, it will not likely be as cozy and comfortable as your mattress, it will probably be harder. One thing you can do is put a natural fibers fabric down on top as a cushion-type barrier between you and the mat. The other thing you can do is be patient, it may take a two to three nights to get used to sleeping on the different surface. If you’re like our owner, soon after that you won’t even notice it at all, and will actually have trouble sleeping without it.*
- The owner of our company sleeps on one of her mats each night, but 40°C is as high as she can go without sweating and waking from being too warm. NOTE: she tends to run cold, so she may be able to stand a higher temperature than many.*
- After you experience the benefits of your LifeMats PRO Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat, we hope you will share your findings with others so they can enjoy the benefits of our mats as well. Email us with any questions, concerns, stories, positive results, etc. that you encounter along the way ([email protected]).
Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat Set-Up Guide
- Choose your optimal location to set up. (On your bed, couch, the floor, a massage table)
- Lay the mat flat with the crystal side up.
- Plug control box into the mat.(Keep control box away from head.)
- Plug control box into the wall.
- Turn it on. (There is a black master power switch on the side of the control box. The Mini Infrared Chakra Yoga Infrared Healing Mat has a button on the front of the control box.)
- Queen and King Infrared Healing Mats: The queen and king size Infrared Healing Mats have the option of selecting different settings on the left and right side of the bed. Press power on and select what setting you’d like by pressing the buttons with arrows on them.
- A timer on the controller allows you to select how many hours that the Chakra Yoga Mat will stay on.
- Place white cotton cover on top of mat. This creates more reflection power. Additionally, you can place a sheet, comforter, sheepskin, or feather-bed on top of the Infrared Healing Mat to make it more comfortable. Anything that is made of natural fibers.
- There is no need to wait for the Infrared Healing Mat to heat up. It will warm up more effectively once you are touching the Infrared Healing Mat
- The red Negative Ion lights will blink on and off. These lights are not illuminated all the time. Your Infrared Healing Mat is still working perfectly even when they are off. If the green EMI light is not illuminated try flipping the plug in the wall.